Friday, February 23, 2007

REFLECTIONS ON ASSIGNMENT 3 (Nurul Adilah)

The more we exploit nature, The more our options are reduced, until we have only one: to fight for survival. -Morris K. Udall


Reflections on Assignment 3 (Nurul Adilah)

  • For the individual assignment, each of us was required to find a research-based article related to CMC and write a 3-5 page essay containing the summary of the research plus our own reflection.
  • There are tones of online journal related to CMC. I chose the website www.jcmc.indiana.edu because it provides a lot of information about CMC including its scope, historical background and future prospects which are very helpful in understanding this topic. This site also contains the latest researches in CMC.
  • I chose a journal entitled “Online News Credibility: An Examination of the Perceptions of Newspaper Journalists” and it was approved by Dr. Rozina. However, after marking my paper, she found out that my journal is not relevant for the assignment. I felt quiet upset but thanks to our beloved lecturer for her consideration in giving me another chance to redo the assignment in one week.
  • I selected another journal from jcmc.indiana.edu entitled “Student Perceptions of Asynchronous Computer-Mediated Communication in Face-to-Face Courses”. I am still working on this assignment and for the reflection in our group website, I included the abstract of this research.

No comments: